FX-888 Soldering Station
Durable yet inexpensive, Hakko’s FX-888 adjustable soldering station provides versatility with a wide selection of tips available for soldering SMD and through-hole applications.
NOTE: The FX-888 has been replaced by the FX-888D Soldering Station.
The Hakko FX-888 is an inexpensive yet durable temperature adjustable soldering station that provides more power and takes up less bench space than its predecessor (Hakko 936).
The added power of the FX-888 provides up to a 30% increase in operator productivity due to the increased thermal performance and faster thermal recovery time. Today, workbench space is at a premium, and the FX-888 uses approximately 35% less surface area compared to the Hakko 936.
Other features include:
• adjustable temperature control with lock/set screw
• temperature range 392°-896°F (200°- 480°C)
• maintains idle temperature within 1.8°F (1°C)
• ceramic heating element and sensor ensures rapid heat-up temperature and fast thermal recovery
• Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature display
• temperature adjusted by simply turning the dial
• slender iron handles are padded and have an ergonomic design for comfort and ease of use
• wide selection of tips available for soldering SMD and through-hole applications
(see Specifications for more details)
Part Number: FX888-23BY
NOTE: For SMD work, you can use the Hakko FX-8804 SMD Hot Tweezers with the FX-888 station (shown below).
|70W / 120VAC|
|Temperature||200°C - 480°C (392°F - 896°F)|
|Temperature Stability||±1.0°C (1.8°F)|
|Temperature Control||Closed-loop sensor|
|100(W) x 120(H) x 130(D) mm
3.9(W) x 4.7(H) x 5.1(D) in.
|Weight (w/o cord)||Approx. 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs)|
|Power Consumption||65W / 26VAC|
|Tip-to-Ground Resistance||< 2 ohms|
|Tip-to-Ground Potential||< 2mV|
|Hand piece Length||190mm (7.5 in.)|
|Cord Length||1.2m (4 ft.)|
|Weight (w/o cord)||44g (0.09 lb)|
|Soldering iron tip||
|Tip cleaning wire||
NOTE: Station is ESD safe by design and meets or exceeds IPC J-STD-001E